EECO2 is an expanding business with a global client base and an exciting future. Our unique specialism in, and unrivalled understanding of, the life sciences sector means that we are trusted by many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical manufacturers to support them in maintaining or improving industry compliance and safety, while substantially reducing energy and water costs, consumption and associated greenhouse gas and CO2 emissions. Due to a huge demand for our products and services, we are seeking to expand our technical team with talented HVAC design engineers.
Working with global and central strategic teams, energy managers, engineering directors, HSE managers and procurement professionals, our projects range in size and scope from establishing and delivering global multi-site energy reduction programs in line with corporate sustainability objectives to looking at BMS control optimisation strategies at a single site.
The EECO2 team provides bespoke, compliant, and valuable resource efficiency solutions for life science manufacturing businesses around the world supporting our clients through the entire project delivery process, from design to implementation and evaluation. We work for major international clients including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Novartis, Sanofi, Amgen, AstraZeneca and many others.
EECO2 is proud to support our staff with clear career development and progression opportunities, in addition to competitive salaries and benefits packages. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We are seeking talented HVAC Design Engineers with an excellent technical knowledge, ideally gained within the pharmaceutical industry, but we welcome applicants with a background in other industries (e.g. nuclear, laboratory or other challenging environments). Whilst technical skills & experience are very important, a passion for excellence, ability to challenge the status-quo and great communication skills are also required.
You will be joining a friendly, informal, supportive, yet busy organisation whose purpose is to provide best-in-class efficiency solutions, so generating and sharing new ideas is very important. You will be involved in a huge variety of projects, with travel opportunities in the UK and abroad. You will work with a highly experienced team of engineers and others who are experts in their field.
All employees are expected to aspire to the EECO2 core values in all our professional activities. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how they personally & professionally can relate to the following:
- Work for a growing, innovative company which values and contributes to the continuous personal and professional development of all team members
- Competitive salary dependant on skills, experience and qualifications.
- 23 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after one years’ service.
- Company bonus scheme individual and company performance.
- Medical and life insurance
- Flexible working arrangements, dependant on client and team requirements
- Global travel
- Ability to make a real impact within a small but growing business
- Additional benefits; employee recognition, loyalty awards, team events
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior HVAC / Pharmaceutical Engineer will be responsible for leading the technical delivery of assigned projects for clients.
Main duties will include:
- Lead mechanical survey and design work including site assessment, project identification, calculations and design work
- Communicate effectively with clients and other engineers to ensure maximum efficiency and customer service from start to finish (face to face and remote)
- Facilitate Participate in energy workshops on behalf of the Company confidently and capably
- Prepare technical proposals for new projects including costings
- Challenge and review existing systems to identify innovative upgrade solutions to safely improve energy efficiency and/or GMP compliance
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions
- Prepare and review energy-based cost benefit analysis
- Prepare technical and performance specifications for HVAC systems
- Carry out dynamic modelling simulations of HVAC systems and buildings
- Prepare scheme designs for new / retrofit HVAC systems including
- Air system design and sizing
- Chilled water and chiller design
- Heating system design and understanding
- Building control system Fundamentals
- Understand best practice HVAC system design and operation for pharmaceutical and laboratory HVAC systems.
- Carry out HVAC energy calculations for new and existing systems
- Prepare presentations, charts, tables as necessary to enable project reporting in a compelling and understandable way for technical and non-technical decision makers.
- Global travel required up to 40% of the time
The company also have a cleanroom testing facility and the successful candidate will support testing of software and hardware for HVAC systems, e.g.
- Physical experiments to demonstrate airflow and HVAC equipment effectiveness and efficiency
- Data analysis and reporting including input to international standards committees (ISO, ISPE)
- Preparation of white papers
- Experience of HVAC design engineering (pharmaceutical experience is advantageous)
- Good knowledge of principles of GMP related to HVAC and cleanrooms.
- Ability to take a high level of technical responsibility within a team
- Able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Technical analysis, design, reporting
- MS Office – particularly Excel, Word
- Design / manufacturing / energy efficiency / construction work experience
- Open and questioning mind – able to formulate ideas and potential solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to present complex ideas in a compelling way to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to understand client needs and look for ways to help
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Planning / project management abilities
- Self-learning and self-motivation
Additional Skills Desired
- AutoCAD 2D/3D, Building Energy Modelling software
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- Bachelors / Masters Engineering Degree (2nd Class Minimum)
- Significant & demonstrable experience and deep understanding of HVAC engineering. A person with less than 7 years design experience is unlikely to have gained the breadth of knowledge required for the role.
- Maintain a relevant professional qualification at CEng Level.
- Ensure formal and Informal CPD is maintained relevant to role. – evidence will be required.
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant Status
- Active involvement with CIBSE, ISPE, ASHRAE, REHVA or other relevant bodies.
Candidate profile and experience:
The candidate is likely to be already working as a HVAC Design Engineer, ideally within the life science/pharmaceutical sector. They will be driven by a desire to continuously improve and make a significant contribution to limit the impact of climate change through identifying and implementing energy efficiency actions. They will be able to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and experience in specialist HVAC systems (e.g. pharmaceutical, nuclear, laboratory or other challenging environments). They will ideally have a relevant professional qualification and show a willingness to develop further to support the business strategy.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please email us today (Emma.Fay@hrdept.co.uk) with your CV and cover letter, using the job title as the subject for the email.