This opportunity involves a varied range of projects with great opportunities for client exposure and career development in a Company that work in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environments.
Location: North West
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits
Holidays: 23 days holiday + Statutory
Working Hours: 38hrs/week
Start date: Immediate
GRADUATES only – Preferred area of study: Graduate having studied an Engineering degree, M. Eng, Energy Engineering.
Accepted degree subjects – Mechanical Engineering, Building Services/ Built Environment, Environmental Engineering
Applicants must provide proof of right to work in the UK at interview.
Growing engineering Company requires an enthusiastic Graduate to join them as a Survey /Project Engineer. The successful applicant will:
- Understand project briefs and what needs to happen on a project (scope and deliverables)
- Plan projects and understand tasks required to deliver a successful project
- Understand the roles of the team involved (including clients and sub-contractors)
- Communications and planning (talking to people on the phone, face to face and in meetings)
- Preparing and reviewing project cost plans to support budgets
- Willing and capable to understand practical problems and learn how to solve them as part of a team
- Travel to sites and support Senior Project manager in delivering projects (driving licence is an advantage)
Other duties and activities
- Understand best practice HVAC system design and operation
- Review drawings, data and specifications to achieve a mental understanding of a how a system works
- Carry out HVAC energy calculations for new and existing systems
- Attend site surveys supervised by a project engineer
- Develop diagnostic skills to identify issues and efficiency opportunities
- Provide pre-and post-survey support to engineer to gather, analyse and request data
- Prepare presentations, charts, tables as necessary to support project reporting
- Prepare reports for senior engineer review
EECO2 has a cleanroom testing facility and the successful candidate will support testing of software and hardware for HVAC systems, e.g.
- Physical experiments to demonstrate airflow and HVAC equipment effectiveness and efficiency
- Data analysis and reporting including input to international standards committees (ISO, ISPE)
- Preparation of white papers
There will be opportunities to contact external clients by telephone, email, and face to face. The successful candidate will attend site energy surveys (1-2 days) and site energy workshops (5days, foreign travel). There will also be opportunities to attend life science and engineering exhibitions.
You will join a friendly and informal, yet busy company whose purpose is to provide best-in-class efficiency solutions, so sharing new ideas is very important. There will be a variety of projects, and travel opportunity in UK and abroad. Opportunity to work with a highly experience team of senior engineers. There will be ongoing training sessions covering product demonstrations, building manufacturing systems and validation. Very good career prospects with opportunities to visit clients in the UK and globally.
Technical skills required
Essential: Technical analysis, Design, Reporting
Desirable: HVAC and control systems,
Computer Skills required
Essential: MS Office – Strong Excel skills
Desirable: AutoCAD 2D/3D, Building Energy Modelling software
Essential: Design / manufacturing / Energy / construction work experience
Desirable: Pharmaceutical / Life science industry experience
Key Soft Skills
Essential: Open and questioning mind, able to formulate ideas and potential solutions, good verbal communication. Understand client needs – looking for ways to help. Good communication skills. Ability to work to deadlines. Attention to detail. Planning abilities. Working within a small team combined with ability to work independently. Presentation skills, self-learning and self-motivated
The successful candidate will…
Develop basic understanding of pharmaceutical design and regulatory requirements
Develop best practice energy efficiency solutions knowledge (HVAC and buildings)
Develop presentation skills
Develop client interaction skills
Develop core competencies of a building services engineer
Start process of accreditation, with Company support, towards IMechE or CIBSE
Interview format – 2 Stage interviews
1st Stage – Office / Phone / Skype informal interview
2nd Stage – Group interview with presentation given by applicant
Contact email@example.com with your CV and covering email to apply.