JOB BENEFITS:• Work for a growing, innovative company which values and contributes to the continuous personal and professional development of all team members
• Salary £50-70k depending on skills, experience and qualifications
• Company car or car allowance – after probationary period
• 23 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after one years’ service.
• Generous bonus /commission structure based on Individual performance paid Quarterly (average £10k per Quarter if all performance and revenue metrics achieved)
• Medical and life insurance
• Home working environment and supportive team members enabling flexibility of working hours
• Opportunity to travel to clients globally (25% of role)
• Ability to make a real impact within a small but growing business
• Additional benefits; employee recognition, loyalty awards, team events
JOB SUMMARY:The Global Key Account Manager will be instrumental to the ongoing growth and success of EECO2 and will identify, develop and grow targeted key clients providing a solution suite across a range of utility systems. The successful candidate ideally will have a background in utilities engineering and/or energy management with a proven sales track record or is working within an international business development role and can demonstrate an excellent business development portfolio and is now looking to expand their influence and work globally with some of the world’s best known brands.
The successful candidate will need to work in a way which demonstrates our core values. These include: professionalism, honesty, innovative thinking, integrity, best practice, inclusivity, continuous development.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:• Key point of contact for existing Key clients globally building relationships at site team level and above.
• Develop trusted relationships with a portfolio of major key clients to ensure that EECO2 is the go to company for energy efficiency solutions.
• Acquire a thorough understanding of strategic customer needs, requirements and long range plans.
• Understand fully EECO2 Products, services and strategy and map to client requirements.
• Expand the relationships with existing customers by engaging at senior level to understand core objectives and proposing solutions that meet these.
• Investigate and understand customers problems to identify new business opportunities.
• Prepare project proposals and costs to meet customer objectives. Follow up on all proposals to maintain current status in Hubspot CRM.
• Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner and of high quality.
• Take on the role of customer representative in the business and serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams. Represent the customers best interest.
• Keep up to date with project progress for your customers and step in to provide direction to delivery team regularly and as required.
• Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and pro-actively address complaints to maintain and build trust.
• Play an integral part in generating new sales with Key accounts and new business accounts that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
• Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics.
• Coach and develop less experienced team members to improve their effectiveness.
• Support the marketing function in developing relevant materials to support sales processes.
• Support the Director (Commercial) & Managing Director in sales activities or other tasks requested.
• Be a proactive professional using social media and lead generation tools to drive business interest and to be seen as an industry expert.
• Attend conferences to promote EEC02 through multiple activities including key speaker slots to drive industry awareness and expertise.
• Develop tools and methods for continuously improving outcomes and results for clients.
• Communicate effectively with clients and internal team to ensure maximum efficiency and customer service from start to finish (face to face and remote)
• The role will involve around 25% travel globally.
LOCATION:Home based with the expectation of significant travel for client meetings, conferences and business requirements with the EEC02 team and office. The role will involve international travel.
Sales and Management
- Self-Motivated, Self-Starter
- Able to demonstrate a proven record of successful business development from lead generation through to ongoing client and revenue development
- Ability to lead, manage and support multiple clients concurrently whilst meeting deadlines
- Time management and prioritisation
- Lead generation
- Proven sales, meeting planning and management
- Questioning & understanding consultancy skills to identify client needs, formulate ideas / solutions that will be innovative, valuable and different.
- Excellent presentation skills to share relevant business information in a logical, understandable and compelling way that supports client strategy.
- Ability to effectively negotiate gains from both EEC02 and client perspective to maintain a positive relationship
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility within a team, lead and manage people and projects to deliver outcomes on time and to budget.
- Able to work independently including overseas
- Proven ability to develop and maintain C-Level/Senior relationships
- Able to build a business profile as an industry expert
- Experience of selling consulting services and/or equipment solutions into the Life Science sector.
- Attention to detail and commercial awareness in proposal development and client business transactions
- Contribute to and manage sales targets and budgets.
- Reporting of sales activities, strategies
- Critical analysis & understanding of sales performance.
Training and Development
- Undertake a Consultative Sales & Marketing training programme.
- Develop technical understanding of the field of expertise that you are responsible for.
- Develop a good understanding of relevant GMP regulations, quality standards and processes relevant to the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Team Management, Communication & Customer relationship training / Qualifications.
- CPD in line with Professional requirements and company requirements.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships internally & externally at all levels including Director/ C Level
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Clear, direct and relevant communication
- Good, broad knowledge & understanding of energy efficiency technologies. – ideal but can be supported if candidate can demonstrate ability to learn quickly and effectively.
- Keep up to date with pharmaceutical industry trends, markets and players.
- Uphold the EEC02 Mission, Vision & Core Values
- Comply with Company Handbook, Safety & Professional Standards
- Appearance to be neat, tidy and of clean appearance in keeping with the company image
- Behaviour and attitude to service excellence
- To deal with all customers, suppliers and members of the public in a positive, helpful and professional manner, ensuring the company image of service excellence and quality standards are portrayed at all times
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE:The candidate is likely to be already working as a Global KAM or Business Development executive, ideally within the life science/pharmaceutical sector. They will be driven by a desire to continuously improve and make a significant contribution to limit the impact of climate change through identifying and implementing energy efficiency actions whilst driving a solid commercial performance within the business. They will be able to demonstrate excellent sales development experience and success of key account management within a growing company. They will ideally have a relevant professional qualification and show a willingness to develop further to support the business strategy.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.