Energy Efficiency Consultancy Limited (EECO2) is on a mission to build a more sustainable world for future generations. We are now looking for a dedicated and driven Sales Support Administrator to join our friendly, yet focused team based in Macclesfield. With flexibility for remote working, this role offers an excellent opportunity to play a vital part in our success while growing your career within the EECO2 Sales Team.
In this role, you'll support our Sales Team by building connections with clients and helping to develop solutions to meet their needs. As EECO2 continues to grow, we envision the successful candidate progressing into Key Account Management or other exciting roles within the company.
• Support the Sales Team to achieve company objectives.
• Prepare project proposals and cost documents. Process contract documentation
• Arranging and attending meetings (internally and with customers)
• Building customer relationships at site team level.
• Management and ownership of the internal CRM system (HubSpot)
• Internal liaison with various teams including estimating, business development and management.
• Reporting metrics & KPI’s.
• Own the customer set up process.
• Support the sales team with administrative tasks associated with contract management.
• Be a proactive professional using social media and lead generation tools to drive business interest.
• Develop tools and methods for continuously improving outcomes and results for clients.
Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of everything we do.
As an organisation, we are driven by a shared purpose - to enable and support the global life science sector to produce more sustainable pharmaceutical products to create a healthier world for future generations. At EECO2, we empower our life science clients to challenge the status quo and decarbonise their operations.
When joining us, you will be accompanied by a team of like-minded individuals, all striving to achieve a cleaner, greener future.
• Competitive Salary & Company Performance Bonus.
• Pension, Private Medical & Life Insurance.
• 23 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after one years’ service.
• Training and development opportunities.
• Ability to make a real impact within a growing business, innovative company which values and contributes to the continuous personal and professional development of team members.
• Flexible working arrangements can be accommodated.
• Additional benefits: employee recognition, loyalty awards, team events
• Exceptional customer service and teamwork skills.
• Excellent communication skills and commercial awareness.
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and other Microsoft Applications.
• Experience in using CRM databases (HubSpot, or similar).
• Ability to manage time effectively, multitask, and work to deadlines.
• Quick learner with a keen eye for detail.
Suite 9, The Green,
Macclesfield, SK10 1JN,
95 Pitt Street,
NSW 2000 , Australia
19266 Coastal Hwy Unit 4,
Mailbox # 1077
DE 19971, USA
Unit 3D North Point House,
North Point Business Park,
New Mallow Road,
Cork, T23 AT2P , Ireland